How to Create the Perfect Matte Lip!! Why My Matte Lipsticks are Here to Stay (Matte Lipstick Obsession)
Wet-N-Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Red Velvet
I have a confession: I am a lipstick hoarder... and NO I don't need help. This is a true statement that can be applied to my life with all accuracy. I love lipsticks. If I was to be featured on an episode of hoarders (by the way I'm too clean to be featured, but imagine with me), I'd have a room dedicated strictly to my obsession with lipsticks. I can see their faces now, in my drawers, cabinets, under the bed, and in shoe boxes will be the lipsticks that I may have began to hoard. #dontjudgeme. My lipstick collection is ever growing and every time I get the opportunity to purchase a new lipstick/lip product I'm purchasing it. SMH! Recently, I've noticed that my obsession has grown for matte lipsticks. Honestly, it's pretty bad, and I'm not afraid to admit that my matte lipstick obsession may just become a permanent obsession for me. Its not a phase. It's something about the matte lipstick for me that reads fierce and fabulous in one swipe to the lips. When I wear a matte lip I literally feel as if I can take on an army of people and slay! Giggles.
I remember when I was strictly a lip gloss only type of girl. I felt that lipsticks made my lips look entirely too big. Now that I'm older, I appreciate my full lips and I love the color pay off and personality offered with a new tube of lipstick. The first time I fell in love with a matte lip was while I was watching the Selena Movie. Jennifer Lopez wore this red matte lipstick throughout the movie and immediately I was like wow...I love her lipstick. I'm not sure what's the color, but I believe it's safe to say that she could have possibly been wearing "Ruby Woo" by MAC (which I don't own yet).
To make a long story short, I love matte lipsticks and as long as they are in production, I'm buying and adding them to my collection. There may be some who are leery about wearing matte lipsticks simply because they can feel drying to the lips. Don't fear, there are some things you can do to prepare your lips for the perfect matte lips. Check them out below:
Creating the Perfect Matte Lip
- Exfoliate your lips: Use a lip scrub or make a lip scrub from scratch to prepare your lips. One of my favorite lip scrubs on the go is the ELF lip scrub it's only $3.00. You can exfoliate your lips whenever, wherever. The good thing about the ELF lip scrub is it exfoliates and moisturizes as the same time. Exfoliating the lips will help you to get rid of dead skin. This will ensure that your lipsticks go on smoothly.
- Moisturize your lips: I like to moisturize my lips the night before to prevent my lips from being over drying. I don't suffer from dry chapped lips, but I do experience dryness from some of my matte lipsticks
- Use a lip primer: Some lip primers/anti-feathering pencils can help your lipstick to go on smoothly and stay put all day. It will also keep the lipstick from bleeding and separating throughout the day.
- Use a lip liner: I must admit, I hate using a lip liner...but if using a lip liner is your favorite thing to do when wearing lipstick, make sure you line your lips to create the best matte lip.
- Use a concealer: I always add concealer to my cupids bow when highlighting my face. This helps to accentuate my lips perfectly to create my perfect lip, since I hate lip liners. You can also use concealer to help clean up any mistakes.
At this moment, my favorite matte lipsticks are from MAC,
What are your favorite matte lipstick products? What are your favorite matte lipstick shades?
NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen
Milani Cosmetics Moisture Matte Lipstick in Naked
Milani Cosmetics Moisture Matte Lipstick in Glam
NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar
MAC Matte Lipstick in Purple Smoke
Thanks for reading! Please Share and Tell a Friend Peace and Blessings -xo